Taxation Tips for Writers and Artists with Gwynn Scheltema.
Are you a writer, storyteller, musician or visual artist? Whether you get paid or not, Revenue Canada offers aspiring and professional arts community members unique tax considerations. These are not available to other occupations. So how can you benefit from them?
Knowledge is the key.
Participants will learn the answers to such questions as:
- How does Revenue Canada define “freelance”?
- If I win a writing contest, is that money considered income?
- What if I’m published but I don’t earn any income?
- Should I keep all my novel expenses for the year when it’s published?
- Do I have to register for HST?
- has information you can use
- answers writer-related questions
- has creative writing tax-ercises
- is loaded with tax-saving tips
- is practical and easy to understand
Gwynn Scheltema is a full-time writer and editor, owner of The Write Connection, and a partner in Writescape.ca. Before turning to writing full time, Gwynn worked for over 25 years in accounting, teaching and administration. She received her accounting designation in 1974 and has worked in the accounting field as an accountant, auditor and tax preparer since that time.
Send us an email to be notified of the next date for this workshop: email@example.com