Your choice of a 3-day, 5-day or 7-day retreat.
April 16 to 18; April 16 to 20; April 16 to 22, 2021
This spring, it’s time to thaw our isolation as well as our creativity. Writescape will offer all the inspiration and support our retreatants expect, while maintaining a COVID-conscious approach to all we do, including mask protocols for all group activities, social distancing during workshops and meals, and reduced numbers in cottages.
Looking for writing time? Polishing a project? Looking for feedback from two professional editors? Or just want time to rejuvenate your creativity? Don’t miss Spring Thaw for a chance to dive deep into your writing project.
This all-inclusive writing retreat is held at the fabulous Elmhirst’s Resort on Rice Lake in Keene. Stay for the weekend or treat yourself to an extra two or even an extra four days of writing.
- 10-page manuscript evaluation with written feedback from Gwynn and Ruth
- one-on-one consultation with either Gwynn or Ruth
- private writing time
- optional daytime creativity sessions to fire up your pen
- a companion workbook with inspiration, prompts and supports
- optional evening activities to network and share ideas and inspiration with retreat colleagues
- private room in comfortable, fully equipped cottages with fireplace
- first-class amenities and delicious meals
- add one of the Extend-Your-Pen options and treat yourself to focused writing time April 19 & 20 or April 19, 20, 21 & 22
Your weekend, your way
…amazing feedback!; free writing time; workshops & group activities; lively discussions with other writers…
Spring Thaw participant
Tailor your weekend to suit your needs. There is an agenda and formal programming, but you choose which sessions and activities will work for you.
Write in your jammies
Cozy cottages are well-stocked for your breakfast. Enjoy your private room with shared living areas including living room, full kitchen and bathrooms. Those who want to hunker down and write don’t need to surface until lunch.
Reduced numbers in cottages will support COVID protocols.
Dinner with a view
Special dietary needs are always accommodated with advance notice.
Dining at Elmhirst’s Resort is a farm-to-table delight and a highlight for many of our retreat participants.
Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org // 905-728-7823
Discounts available for Writescape retreat alumni and members of writing organizations.
Cottagers and area residents — send us an email for the Spring Thaw Day Rate: email@example.com
When payment is received, a Writescape representative will contact you by email to confirm your registration. Thank you for registering with Writescape.