UPDATE: August 23* to 25, 2017
Writers: come to the spectacular Cree Village Ecolodge, recognized with architecture awards for its unique structure, and tourism awards for its hospitality excellence. A short walk across the island are the historic Hudson Bay buildings, artifacts, and cemetery dating back to the 17th century fur trade. Be inspired when you immerse in a world many of us have only imagined.
There is no registration fee. An incredible gift.
In celebration of Ontario150 and Canada150, the MoCreebec Eeyoud Council of Moose Factory partnered with The Ontario Writers’ Conference to host a two-day writers’ retreat. Recognizing the costs associated with travel to Moose Factory and related accommodations, the program is being offered at no cost. Participants cover the cost of their travel and accommodations.
Registrants will receive:
- An all-day workshop with Writescape’s Ruth E. Walker on Thursday. Celebrate our unique creative voices through hands-on exercises and group activities. Be inspired by the power of words, the importance of story in all its forms, and the energy found through writing and sharing in community.
- *A luncheon talk (Aug 24) and evening presentation by the Hudson’s Bay Company Archives (Aug 23). Historic photos of the area, recently digitized by HBCA, will be presented and discussed, with the community providing spontaneous and open commentary.
- Coffee House Celebration of Creativity on Friday features local artists and musicians along with writers who wish to present their work from the previous day’s workshop.
- lunch & coffee/tea service included
Space is limited. Pre-registration is required.
Information and questions:
- Naomi Mesbur at email@example.com, or
- Jean-Pierre Chabot at firstname.lastname@example.org
To register, contact Jean-Pierre Chabot at MoCreebecEeyoud Council via email at email@example.com
For more information about the Cree Village Ecolodge and to reserve your accommodations, visit www.creevillage.com or call 705-658-6400 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org (note: if the lodge fills, there are other accommodation options, contact Jean-Pierre Chabot for details)
To get to Moose Factory:
The town of Moose Factory can be reached via water taxi from Moosonee, Ontario. There is no vehicle access from the mainland to Moose Factory in the summer.
Moosonee, Ontario can be reached via the Polar Bear Express train from Cochrane, Ontario. For more information, visit http://www.ontarionorthland.ca/ .
For flight information to Moosonee from Timmins, Ontario, visit www.aircreebec.ca