November 3 – 5, 2017
Vicki Delany: One woman crime wave comes to Turning Leaves
With more than 20 books to her credit, Vicki Delany is a fearless full-time writer, tackling the adult, reluctant reader and YA markets with her mysteries, suspense novels and police procedural titles. President of Crime Writers of Canada, Vicki is also a member of Capital Crime Writers and Sisters in Crime. She writes as Vicki Delany and Eva Gates.
Enjoy a Friday evening fireside chat with Vicki and a Saturday morning workshop where more than the secrets of writing a great mystery will be revealed. All stories need a mystery at their heart.
Here’s a brief excerpt from her author’s bio: In 2007, Vicki took early retirement from her job as a systems analyst with a major bank and sold her house in Oakville, Ontario. At that time In the Shadow of the Glacier, the first book in a police procedural series set in the British Columbia Interior was published. After travelling around North America for a year with her dog, Shenzi, she bought a home in bucolic, rural Prince Edward County, Ontario, where she rarely wears a watch and can write whenever she feels like it.
A $250 non-refundable deposit will secure your place in this retreat.
At Turning Leaves, we build a retreat for the writer and the writing:
- workshops to fire up your pen
- creativity and group sessions to inspire you
- private, uninterrupted writing time in cottage country setting
- tailor your retreat to suit your needs
Meals and accommodations:
- lakeview dining in the Heritage Dining Room
- private or shared accommodation in Fern’s Fireside Inn
- rooms have wood-burning fireplace, fridge, free WiFi
- Fern Resort is 90 minutes from Toronto in a quiet bay on beautiful Lake Couchiching
- indoor pool, Jacuzzi, steam room, sauna
- exercise room
- nature trails, outdoor jogging track
- spa treatments (by appointment, extra charge)
- onsite pub (additional charge)
- Lakeview Room Single Occupancy $875
- Landview Room Single Occupancy $845
- Landview Room Double Occupancy $775
- Day Rate $475
- Retreat alumni $30
- Members of writing organizations $30
REGISTER NOW A $250 non-refundable deposit will secure your place in Turning Leaves 2017
PLEASE NOTE: When you hit the “Add to Cart” button, the PayPal order will show up at the top of the column to the right. To be taken to the secure PayPal to finish your purchase, click on the yellow PayPal button. You can use a credit card on the PayPal site – you do not have to have a PayPal account.